At our Forest Kindergarten program, children ages 4-6 are given space to learn, grown, and connect with each other and the natural world. Through sensory and nature awareness games, stories, movement circle, creative expression, independent play, wandering, practicing earth skills, and engaging in good old muddy fun, deep connections are formed and the learning experience is embodied.
Our instructors hold a nurturing space while offering developmentally appropriate activities for these young earth stewards. Through awakening and encouraging children’s natural curiosity, students gain a deeper awareness of the natural world, the community that surrounds them, and their unique gifts and talents as individuals.
Rates & Dates
- Meets on Wednesdays (Whatcom Falls) and/or Thursdays (Fairhaven Park) from 9:30 am – 1:30 pm throughout the school year.
- 2016-17 Tuition for One day a week is $1,320 for 33 weeks of class.
- 2016-17 Tuition for Two days a week is $2,640 for 33 weeks of class.
- First Days of Class are Sept 21/22
- No Class: Nov 23-4, Dec 21 - Jan 5, Feb 22-3, April 5/6
- Last Days of Class are June 7/8
- Check out one of our Upcoming Sample Days:
- Aug 17 @ Whatcom Falls Park
- Aug 18 @ Fairhaven Park
- Aug 31 @ Whatcom Falls Park
- Sept 1 @ Fairhaven Park