Earth Scouts | 2018 Camps
- Session 1: July 10-13 @ Hundred Acre Wood | $200 (4-Day)
- Session 2: Aug 6-8 @ Fairhaven Park | $150 (3-Day)
- Session 3: Aug 13-17 @ Whatcom Falls Park | $250 (5-Day)
*** If you sign up your child up for multiple camps, you save $10 off each additional camp.
At our Earth Scouts camps, 7-11 year old students will learn to live in harmony with nature as they play sensory awareness games, follow the trails of wild creatures through the forest, forage for wild food and medicine, practice earth-based skills, hear stories, sing songs, and have some good ole muddy wild adventures in the woods! Our students always return home more connected and truly alive!
Earth Scouts Camps run from 9:30 am – 3:30 pm and are open to children ages 7-11.
Is your child not ready for the long day? Check out our Wild Wanderer Camps for 4-6 year olds!
What do we do all day?
Every day at camp is dynamic and different but along the way we may be touching and experiencing the follow skills:
- Identifying and harvesting wild edible and medicinal plants
- Wildcrafting Food and Medicine
- Knife/handsaw skills and safety
- Primitive toolmaking such as cordage, projectiles, burned bowls and utensils
- Adornments such as visors and jewelry
- Aidless navigation
- Primitive trapping/hunting techniques (we will not actually be hunting on any programs)
- Safe fire-making and tending techniques
- Learning through games and missions
- Working together with peers in a positive way
- Keeping a positive attitude!
All of our programs feature:
- A 1:6 staff-student ratio
- Staff trained as Coyote Mentors at the Wilderness Awareness School with 20 years combined experience mentoring children in nature
- Caring mentors who hold strong boundaries and foster a culture of respect (for ourselves, others, and nature!)
- First Aid and CPR certified Staff